As the IT Team Leader, being a member of the local Chennai IT team, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the team responsible for User, Desktop, Server and Network issues and administration for the local Chennai office, as well as remote support for overseas offices. You should be able to act as an escalation point for any complex or difficult calls, providing support to your team as and when required.
With excellent communication skills, they should be able to walk customers through problems, helping remotely when required for a variety of software and hardware issues. They should also be able to escalate farther to the IT operations manager, if required.
This position involves shift work, as we operate two shifts to cover the hours of 6am to 11pm.
- Diagnosing and solving escalated hardware/software faults.
- Responsible for Advanced Server administration.
- Responsible for Advanced Network administration, including cisco, fortigate and unifi devices.
- Responsible for monitoring of alert systems, logging and resolving issues when required.
- Assisting with infrastructure upgrades & change control of infrastructure
- Ensuring hardware and software inventory is carried out appropriately, highlighting any shortfall when known.
- Advanced management of office 365 and related technology.
- Adherence to ITIL standards and best practices in Incident and Problem management.
- Logging user incidents and queries.
- Triaging logged tickets.
- Analysing call logs to spot trends and underlying issues.
- Asking targeted questions to diagnose and resolve issues.
- Following up with customers, to ensure problem is resolved.
- Escalation point for calls Operations engineers struggle with.
- Escalation point for pager duty rota.
- Escalation for complicated network related issues.
- Overseeing triage of support tickets.
- Managing escalations, ensuring SLA breaches do not occur.
- Team leader for the IT operations Shift, handling leave, escalations, support, etc.
- Coordination of the teams to perform Windows Server and Desktop patching.
- Documenting any new installation, or solutions found.
- Ensuring your team, performs according to defined KPI's for IT operations.
Key Technical Skills
- Advanced knowledge of networking and services in the Microsoft environment (Windows 10, Office 365 and Windows Server 2008/R2/12/R2/2016)
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Knowledge of Server Administration on Windows 2008/R2/12/R2/2016, DHCP, DFS, Printing, Active Directory etc.
- Experience of working with monitoring tools, particularly PRTG and System Centre Operations Manager.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows 10.
- Troubleshoot and solve complex problems from initial discovery to resolution, without any repeat occurrences.
- CCNA or MCSA certification required.Preferably both.
Beneficial Technical Skills
- Prior work experience with Monitoring tools preferred
- Knowledge of ITIL, ISMS will be an added advantage. ITIL Foundation certification is beneficial.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and related technology.
- Experience with Ivanti.
Key Behavioural Skills
- Experience of managing a small technical team.
- Very good communication skills, ability to explain complex issues in non-technical language for stakeholders.
- Able to manage difficult conversations, to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Ability to train others, to enhance the whole team's knowledge.
- Constant urge for knowledge enhancement.
- Attention to detail and proven problem-solving ability.
- Flexible to extend work if required.
- Customer focused, with a can-do attitude.
English language is essential, as will need to communicate with offices abroad in the UK, Czech Republic, Hong Kong and Australia.
- Job Type   :  Full Time