As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for dealing with escalations from the systems engineers on the more difficult issues around Server, Networking, Office 365 and Azure. Based out of Chennai, you will also be responsible for remote support to the global FE offices.
With excellent communication skills, they should be able to walk customers through problems, helping remotely when required for a variety of software and hardware issues. They should also be able to escalate farther to the next tier in seniority, if required.
This position involves shift work, as we operate three shifts to cover the hours of 6am to 11pm IST.
As part of a multibillion-pound equity business owned by HG Capital, FE FundInfo is the leading provider of fund data in the UK and specializes in the collection, validation, dissemination and analysis of fund information within data feeds, documentation, web pages and Internet-based fund selection tools. FE FundInfo is an aggressively growing company, through either sales or acquisitions, with operations currently in the UK, Chennai, Hong Kong, Brno, Singapore, Zurich, Luxembourg and Australia.
Technology is at the center of FE FundInfo and how it delivers investment fund data and advice to global clients. The infrastructure team is the foundation for technical and service delivery, ensuring services for both internal and external customers, ensuring fast, efficient and reliable services. The office in Chennai is the heart of technology for FE FundInfo, with a clear vision to continue to expand and grow, aiming to be one of India's top tech companies in the next 3 years.
FE FundInfo is also engaged in the building of software tools, research centers, document production platforms and advanced analytical products for data vendors, institutions and financial advisers enabling them to retrieve and analyze data in forensic detail.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Diagnosing and solving escalated hardware/software/network faults.
- Responsible for Advanced Server administration.
- Responsible for Advanced Network administration, including cisco, FortiGate and Unifi devices.
- Responsible for monitoring of alert systems, logging and resolving issues when required.
- Assisting with infrastructure upgrades & change control of infrastructure.
- Advanced management of office 365 and related technology.
- Adherence to ITIL standards and best practices in Incident and Problem management.
- Logging user incidents and queries.
- Triaging logged tickets.
- Analysing call logs to spot trends and underlying issues.
- Asking targeted questions to diagnose and resolve issues.
- Following up with customers, to ensure problem is resolved.
- Escalation point for calls Operations engineers struggle with.
- Escalation point for pager duty rota.
- Managing escalations, ensuring SLA breaches do not occur.
- Documenting any new installation, or solutions found.
- Ensuring calls remain within defined KPI's.
Key Technical Skills
- Advanced knowledge of networking and services in the Microsoft environment (Windows 10, Office 365 and Windows Server 2008/R2/12/R2/2016).
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
- Excellent Knowledge of Server Administration on Windows 2008/R2/12/R2/2016, DHCP, DFS, Printing, Active Directory etc.
- Experience of working with monitoring tools, particularly PRTG and System Centre Operations Manager.
- Troubleshoot and solve complex problems from initial discovery to resolution, without any repeat occurrences.
- CCNA or MCSA certification required. Preferably both.
- Experience in scripting and automating tasks via PowerShell..
Beneficial Technical Skills
- Knowledge of ITIL, ISMS will be an added advantage. ITIL Foundation certification is beneficial.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and related technology.
- Experience with Ivanti.
Key Behavioural Skills
- Very good communication skills, ability to explain complex issues in non-technical language for stakeholders.
- Ability to train others, to enhance the whole team's knowledge.
- Constant urge for knowledge enhancement.
- Attention to detail and proven problem-solving ability.
- Flexible to extend work if required.
- Customer focused, with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent English language is essential, as will need to communicate with offices abroad in the UK, Czech Republic, Luxembourg, Zurich, Hong Kong and Australia.
- Job Type   :  Full Time
- Education   :  BE