As the System Engineer, being a member of the local Chennai IT team, the successful candidate will be responsible for User, Desktop, Server, Network and Azure administration for the local Chennai office, as well as remote support for overseas offices.
Carrying out initial troubleshooting and with good judgement attempting to resolve any issues themselves, escalating to Senior engineers when required. With excellent communication skills, they should be able to walk customers through problems, helping remotely when required for a variety of software and hardware issues.
This position involves shift work, as we operate three shifts to cover the hours of 6am to 11pm IST.
As part of a multibillion-pound equity business owned by HG Capital, FE FundInfo is the leading provider of fund data in the UK and specializes in the collection, validation, dissemination and analysis of fund information within data feeds, documentation, web pages and Internet-based fund selection tools. FE FundInfo is an aggressively growing company, through either sales or acquisitions, with operations currently in the UK, Chennai, Hong Kong, Brno, Singapore, Zurich, Luxembourg and Australia.
Technology is at the center of FE FundInfo and how it delivers investment fund data and advice to global clients. The infrastructure team is the foundation for technical and service delivery, ensuring services for both internal and external customers, ensuring fast, efficient and reliable services. The office in Chennai is the heart of technology for FE FundInfo, with a clear vision to continue to expand and grow, aiming to be one of India's top tech companies in the next 3 years.
FE FundInfo is also engaged in the building of software tools, research centers, document production platforms and advanced analytical products for data vendors, institutions and financial advisers enabling them to retrieve and analyze data in forensic detail.
- Installing and configuring computer systems.
- Diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults.
- Responsible for managing Desktops.
- Responsible for Server administration.
- Responsible for Network administration.
- Responsible for Printing queries and administration.
- Responsible for checking alerting systems and managing system alerts.
- Responsible for Windows Server and Desktop patching.
- Assisting with infrastructure upgrades & change control of infrastructure
- Inventory & auditing of the physical assets and maintenance contracts, ensuring asset registry is kept up to date.
- Documenting any new installation, or solutions found.
- Adherence to ITIL standards and best practices in Incident and Problem management.
- Logging user incidents and queries.
- Triaging logged tickets.
- Analysing call logs to spot trends and underlying issues.
- Asking targeted questions to diagnose and resolve issues.
- Following up with customers, to ensure problem is resolved
Key Technical Skills
- Knowledge of networking and services in the Microsoft environment (Windows 10, Office 365 and Windows Server 2008/R2/12/R2/2016)
- Knowledge of Server Administration on Windows 2008/R2/12/R2/2016, DHCP, DFS, Printing, Active Directory etc.
- Experience of working with monitoring tools, particularly PRTG and System Centre Operations manager.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows 10.
- Experience with office 365 (sharepoint, exchange, teams, etc).
- Troubleshoot and solve complex problems from initial discovery to resolution, without any repeat occurrences.
Beneficial Technical Skills
- Prior work experience with Office 365, Exchange hybrid environments.
- Knowledge of ITIL, ISMS will be an added advantage
Key Behavioural Skills
- Very good communication skills.
- Constant urge for knowledge enhancement.
- Attention to detail and proven problem-solving ability.
- Flexible to extend work if required.
- Customer focused, with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent English language is essential, as there is a need to communicate with offices abroad in the UK, Czech Republic, Luxembourg, Zurich, Hong Kong and Australia. With offices in other areas being added in the future..
- Job Type   :  Full Time